Thursday, August 18, 2022

Late Summer

 There are certain tenets I stand by.

1) Things went to Hell after Bonzo died, September 25th, 1980.

2) Nothing good comes of Rudy's.

3) Take care of your teeth and feet.

4) We are pretty ignorant, quite hypocritical, and know very little for sure.

5) Hot pans cool down if they get out of the heat.

6)  The whole world's got PTSD

 

 One of the things I gave up is online arguing. It's easy if you're off Fecebook (and I hope you are). In general, I've grown to care less and less what anyone else thinks. So if they don't agree, who cares. If  I still argue with you, by email or in real face, you're a true friend. If you continually try to provoke or be an ass to me, you'll be gone like Poof! It makes life feel nicer.

It's really been One Damn Thing After Another for many years now. People who weren't alive when the Twin Towers fell are about old enough to drink alcohol. And we've been in a horrific, stupid, and costly war their whole lives.  Terrorism, foreign and domestic, rules. We are devolving, for a time. But all things must pass, and chances are we'll return to inert mediocrity in the end. After all the bangs and booms will come exhaustive quiet and a low farting sound. Then we'll carry on with the tame squabbles.


My new Gal Friday and I cleaned all 32 of the hanging pictures in my front room. Next comes the bookcases and the many things in them. After that, the real Fall cleaning before windows are shut for the duration. The year is moving ahead, the planet spins, I'm about halfway done with Yuletide shopping. Planning food for entertaining this Fall. Looking forward to my cousin visiting. Helping a young woman who's writing an article about home aides. Of course I wonder what's in Ivana's casket besides her, but

In the long run

 x


2 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Hugs. You are so very right about the global PTSD. I have never joined FB - for which I am thankful. I have more than enough to get anxious/angry about without it.

Austan said...

EC! I was never notified of your comment! You're right, there's more every day. And once again, I disappeared. I never mean to; time just folds and reopens some weeks later. But I'll blog this weekend. I hope all's well in spite of everything. x