Wednesday, July 6, 2022

I Want the Old Universe Back

 I don't know what happened that pushed us to some alternate universe, but it seems clear to me that something did. The Large Hadron Collider? That seems the likeliest culprit. And it's at it again. Part of me wonders if they're trying to get us back in alignment with the old semi-insane universe and out of this full-on crackhead of a world. 

Hadron up running again 

Since Alicia left to have her 2nd generation of bairns I've had a parade of aides. 15 so far. It's been really difficult, and if it weren't for my friends I'd have been screwed several times. One was close to the high bar Alicia'd set, and she stayed until getting a full time job as a manager at a gas station. But others...

One had a series of unfortunate events (best friend OD'd and died, mother became gravely ill, car died, boyfriend in jail, sicknesses, on and on); one cried thru her entire shift every week; one went into labor on her first day; one who was stoned and mixed up her own purchases when doing my shopping (which is illegal, btw); another stoner who held forth instead of working (he was 25 and burdened with knowing everything and he laughed when he vacuumed up my 22 year old Swedish ivy); a very confident mess who was 13 in a 20 year old's body; too many. Today I was to interview a new one. She emailed just before the set time she chose, cancelling, and answered none of the pre-interview questions. Why has it become so hard to find a dependable competent person? I pay well, I encourage joining the union, and act the way I wish my bosses had. It's not the odd chance of coming across a weirdo here and there, it's the norm now.


The country has gone entirely nuts and stupid. Is this the way it always was and we're just seeing it now, or is this the new world we're thrusted into? I can't believe how gullible the populace is, and how reasoned thought has disappeared. Craziness and idiocy are encouraged. They attract viewers with lies and drama. People are addicted to fear and despair. This is Hell. I don't want to live here but I don't have a choice.

And speaking of choice, the Supremacist Court needs to go. 

Don't even start with the gun nuts and the killings.

And these assholes are everywhere, even in my town.

If the last years were parts 1 to 5 of The Years of Living on Edge, this year is The Year of I Just Can't.

So yes, I want our old universe back. It was far from perfect, but it wasn't all fucktards and scum.

x


4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Big, big sigh.
That t-shirt??? It has me speechless with inarticulate rage.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Agree. Stop the world; I want to get off.

Austan said...

EC, I know. Every day is like being hit in the head with a log because of these people.

Austan said...

Arlene, I'm with you. This isn't the world I signed up for.