Monday, July 4, 2022

Independence Day '22

Kick asked me why I stopped blogging and I'm not sure. It just was all too obvious, the misery and tragedy parade, accented often by shocks. We've had 22 years of PTSD. Does anyone want to hear what I have to say about it? I don't even want to hear myself.

 

But there are updates. Learning to deal with arthrtiis, diabetes, crazy neighbors, poverty, all the usual bs, was followed by a spider bite that put me in a hospital for 3 weeks last Fall. I'm still dealing with the aftereffects, but at least my hair stopped falling out... Now if I could have a competent aide, life will move right along. I just fired #15 since Alicia's departure. And she now has 2 toddlers, a 6 month old, an 18 year-old who just graduated HS, and a 20 year-old who moved to Mississippi.

 

Billy and Mia are still together in Retirementland, having just observed their 4th/52nd wedding anniversary. They are still supporting their son and his tribe, with a 3rd generation having arrived last year. They became very hardcore crazy Trumpers, which seems receding a bit now. With many health issues, they still seem pretty happy.  I keep my distance and love them from afar.

 

Kick and family are back in VT, north of here, though with gas prices it's hard to travel anywhere right now. The Muffinpants family sails ahead, damn the torpedoes. Plague also forges on, having at whatever strikes her fancy. Mrs. Levy has bought a house in the next town-with-a-theater up the road a piece. My southern relations have been thru some real bullshit, everything from Covid and heart failure to nonalcoholic cirrhosis and gender changing. My long-lost cousin is having the time of her life at 66. 3 boyfriends, lots of sex, travel, plans galore. I just adore her. 


The Herman movie is stalled. I have hopes it will be finished. Already 2 people interviewed for it have died. And tick tock, the time keeps going by.

 

Fecebook cancelled me last year, and it was a very good thing. I still waste time with Twitter, but it's much better than FB. Real life and the telephone has made a comeback, what with pre-Covid, Covid, and endemic Covid periods. I had 3 shots, and Covid. But it didn't do much to me, just like a headcold that exhausted me for a week. Not so for friends and relations, some of whom ended up in isolation in ICU. I'm grateful none of my nears and dears died, but the outer edges have had losses. Lots of deaths in the last couple years. I suppose the "Golden years" are full of death. Like the grandmother in the Evanovich books, the old ladies go to funerals to socialize. Joy.

I still have my bee and flutterby garden to bring me back to Earth.


 

I try to stay in a happy place and looking youthful.



I have missed blogging...

x




 

6 comments:

Geo. said...

Dear Wonderful Austan, I'm so happy to see your blog updated today. I'm still here in drought-plagued California. It's nearly midnight and the explosives are gradually abating. Went outdoors an hour ago to see what dry-field and roof burners were still excreting out of idiots --tripped in the dark and got all beat up. Avoided bodily injury by landing on my face. My chin is now bigger on the left. I am considering trying to grow my first beard --at 72 I should have progressed through enough puberty for that. I sure am happy to see your post!
Love, Geo.

Elephant's Child said...

I have missed you. Big time. And am very glad to see you back.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

So nice to see your post. I check into blogger every now and then and was so happy to see your post today.

Austan said...

Geo, you're a big reason I came back. it's a hard world and I've always found comfort in you and your posts.Please be careful, there's only one you, beard or no beard. Hey should that be a game show?
love, Laura

Austan said...

EC! I'm amazed and so happy to see you comment. It's good to be back. x

Austan said...

Arlene! I'm glad you checked in. Hope you blog again, I always looked forward to your posts. Take care and check in often.