Sunday, July 17, 2022

Lazing On a Sunny Afternoon

 Glad to see Summer coming to a head. It's been so claggy and Allergy Hell.  I'm in the AC 99% of the time and even indoors with portals shut, it's Niagara Falls, coughing and sneezing. Someone asked, "You don't like a nice sunny day with warm breezes?" No. No I don't. I want 20F and snow blowing sideways.



There's news. 

Brother Billy flatlined on the operating table and was dead for 23 seconds.  He's mostly fine, just takes a bit longer to say what he's thinking. He saw nothing when dead. But he's back, has a pacemaker, and should be ok for another 10,000 miles.

I hired a new aide, and 16 may be the magic number.  There are omens: her first name is a kickass Game of Thrones woman's name, and she lives on a street named for Alicia's family. And she's Scandihoovian. And a NYer. I'm psyched. She starts Weds.

Much company in the last few days. Nurse Muffinpants stopped in Thursday. I don't see nearly enough of her. She's going to a Rob Zombie concert, which is her version of me seeing Greg Lake after all the years. Wendy's nephew is here visiting, so they came for dinner Friday. Made Caribbean foods, yukked it up, told him the Stories. Then Saturday, Kick finally came south and we did Christmas in July. We hadn't seen each other since she came running to help last Fall when I got bitten. Right after she left, Deb did a drive by. She always has stories to tell. Today I interviewed  the Hoovian and cleaned. Tomorrow I interview a backup aide, and then Wendy's bringing Chinese takeout along with her nephew, and her Dad. Tuesday will be a total Nothing Day.

It's almost pre-pandemic feeling. Not all the way with big hugs and kisses, but much more than it was. In the Big Lockdown Times people only left their houses when they had to. I didn't see one friend for 15 months, but she's been around this year a couple times. The variants are still making their ways around the world. At the start I heard this would be a 3 year deal. It sure looks like that's the case.

Rain tomorrow, and a big solar flare on Tuesday. Maybe we'll have a regulation Summer power outage in there sometime. Better charge things in the morning.


 

I hope you're having a lovely Summer evening in the north, and a cozy Winter evening  down under.

x

 

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Summer (aka the Sweaty Season) is my least favourite time of year. I am enjoying our winter - which is mostly characterised by cool sunny days, with frosts overnight.
I am glad that Billy came back - and hope for really good things with your new aide.
The dreaded virus is thriving in my city. I am masked. And cautious.

Austan said...

EC, Your Winter sounds like our Fall, which I love.
I also love your posts, but for some reason I can't comment on them now.
Yes, please be cautious. Even 3X shot, I caught Corona last Winter and was laid up miserably for a week. It could have been much worse. My cousin Les nearly died and was in hospital for a month, in isolation, back in December of '20. So mask up, keep washing your hands, and best of luck in not getting it.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Glad to read that Billy is OK and that things are looking up for you in regards to getting help.

This heat is so oppressive and like what I have been doing since 2020, I am staying inside. We have had mostly good weather here in PA this year, but now the world burns and everybody is feeling the effects. We have been warned for years but money and wealth has always won out over sustainability.

Austan said...

You hit all those nails on the heads. Here in ski country, snow machines are working all season because it's not like the Winters of before. Our Winters used to start in late October and not end til May, sometimes the end of May. The famous ski jump in our town worries every February that it'll be cold and snow enough for the jump. Greed is more important than the future of our planet.