Monday, June 24, 2013

SEVERE STUPIDITY ALERT

I have only myself to blame. I actually participated on Fecebook today, actually read the news feed until one story too many made me physically gag. Time to go away from FB for a while again.



You see, today was a Severely Stupid Day, even by American standards. When my fellow countrymen shine, they shine big and draw attention to it. Our Supreme Court may now hold the largest amount of stupid people that it's ever held. And Texas? Oh, Texas.

Is it the Full Rose Moon that's inspired the sudden precipitous drop in IQ points? Have they tampered with the water again? WTH happened that so much complete ignorance blanketed our nation today? Is this new low the way it'll stay now, or was this just a wobble in the usual execrable trudge to a selfish Idiocracy?



It certainly didn't help that it was 34'C here today. 96'F, for those of us using the old system. Damn hot and miserably humid, too. We just got some rain, but the weatherbees say we'll have hot and humid for the week. Oh joy! Still, weather is no excuse for idiocy.

And we have HUD inspection Weds & Thurs. And then the flood mitigation construction will start in our apartments.

Add to that -I don't know if it's Comcast or my computer but things are loading soooooooooooo slowly -if they load at all. If the pages don't freeze, if Windows doesn't say that I don't seem to be online, or if I don't have to reboot altogether, which I've done 6 times today in order to get into my email.

So yeah, I'm a bit on the fed up side. I want to leave. I want to live somewhere reasonable. Where kindness, fairness and science are more important than money and beliefs. Some place where you don't dread what tomorrow may bring because today was crap and the people in charge are what made it crap and they'll still be there tomorrow.



Well. Tomorrow is another day. And maybe it won't be so stupid.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

What have I missed? You aren't talking random run of the mill stupidity here are you. Or do I really, really not want to know.
Stupidity (the world over) breeds really well and there is no contraceptive which is effective. Sigh. I would award a Nobel prize to the person who could find a cure for stupidity.

Geo. said...

"Tomorrow is another day. And maybe it won't be so stupid." I'm pretty sure that's the closing line of "Gone With The Wind", or should have been. It's optimism informed by a keen sense of reality and I like it.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

It's a brand new day. Feeling better? Doggone it, don't let 'em get you down!

Have you checked your computer for viruses, etc? (Maybe you just need to BOOT it... literally.)

Anonymous said...

Today is tomorrow times 2 or 3 and sadly things are still stupid but I have faith...it will improve...it has too.