Wednesday, December 25, 2013

ho ho ho

Maybe I've lost my mind (always possible) but I swear this was the fastest Thanksgiving-Christmas slide ever in my lifetime. This Yuletide I was struck with an enormous amount of appreciation for all I have and all my memories. I've had some amazing people and things in my life. I also got to thank someone whose thank you has been 18 years owing. Friends and family gave me beautiful and meaningful tokens of love and I cried a lot And today is Christmas Day, all is calm, all is bright.


Sleep, Santa, Sleep.


I'm so completely exhausted that I can't care much about anything. It's been 4 days of get-togethers. I'm thinking it's much more tiring to have 2 or 3 peep in a day for several days than to have a dozen at once, and I think that's coming. Also, this was the last year I cook for any holiday. It's go out or takeaway from now on. I'd like to enjoy the holidays. Being too tired and too much in pain to do that is just stupid.

And it's not over. I'm the appointed caretaker of everyone in our crew's gifts for each other. So there's a new pile of presents under the tree that I must make sure get to their rightful boys and girls. A "This is the day we'll all see each other- be there or not, no leaving gifts behind" party may be called for going forward. Don't know if that'll be in my house, either. I'm getting too broken down for all this happy horseshit.
Methinks it's time to pass the orb and sceptre.

The magic of the season to me is expressing that we care for each other. I don't get on here nearly enough to tell you all that I do care. It may be weeks between posts, but you all cross my mind through the days. I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday time and that your hearts' desires become your realities in 2014. Love to you. xo

And p.s. Blogger won't let me post a comment anywhere, even on my own blog. It's always something.

8 comments:

Geo. said...

Well, I hope Blogger lets me comment today. Merry Christmas, Austan! You're in my thoughts too, kid.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Austan...think of you often and am always happy to find you here. Sounds like you've been well and truly blessed this year as have we. All the best for 2014.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It is good to see your post on blogger again, Laura.

The best thing about the holidays is getting together with friends and family, but it can be tiring. However, we have the long, dark winter to recover.

Elephant's Child said...

How lovely to see you back. I have been missing you.
Glad that you had the warmth and the love - and hope that some R and R is coming your way soon.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I hope you had a wonderful holiday and that we will see more of your posting in 2014.
Arleen

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a warm and happy New Year celebration and that your posting/commenting problems will be solved soon. We miss you.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am thinking of you today and hoping you are doing well.
You are missed.
Arleen

Austan said...

I've missed you all!! I think I'm over the Writer's Block. And it seems Blogger is letting me function, so woohoo! <3 :)