Saturday, July 16, 2016

VitaMeataRegimens

A happy bunch of things- a good soaking rain; 2 nights of sleep; a non-stressful doc visit; settling my next household move for when and to where; Beest's health returning and getting to the bottom of it; Billy helping financially with that; grief lifting from all the Spring losses; Summer being well on it's way to leaving; Gal Friday quitting the VNA (and my following her lead); and the right vitamin combo- has me in very good spirits. Bye-bye Blue Meanies.

I'm creating again! For the longest time I just didn't see the point. I'd fallen into an existential/nihilist oubliette of, "why add more crap to the world full of crap?" Well the answer to that is, because it makes me happy.

My Mom's old wind chimes, which had fallen apart and whose dingers and flapper were beyond resuscitation, are dongy-bongy-dinging again. An old bracelet, a big wooden bead, a lot of dental floss and a metal initial A for a sail... and every little breeze reminds me of Mom.

Today I will be making the t shirt I'd had in mind when several years ago I bought fabric paints. Back in 1970 when they both started out, my fave band Emerson, Lake and Palmer, had called the band Yes, "Maybe". And so Yes retaliated by calling ELP "Henderson, Snake and Charmer". Today there will be the world's first HS&C band t shirt. If it's very good, I'll send it to Greg. If it's not, I'll make a second and hope that one's good enough for himself. If not, I'll send the better of the two to Graham Seaman, my friend in England who plays in an ELP tribute band, and will get a kick out of it even if it's not perfect. And I'll wear the other for my own smiles, because nobody else will get the joke anyway.

After tomorrow's final Game of Thrones year 6 marathon, I'll get to work on the article for the Cracker Barrel newspaper. This one's about Harvest foods and cooking- mainly pumpkins. The deadline's Friday, so plenty of time for 1250 words.

I gotta say, the right vitamin combo makes a huge difference, and so does getting sleep. Be well, my fellow babies. All things must pass, even the Blue Meanies.
x


12 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Happy dances.
I am so very glad you have kicked the blue meanies to the curb.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I loved your title. I use that old Lucy episode in some of my jokes. However, only people my age get it.

I have been in the doldrums also. The problems of the world and especially US have brought me down. However, I have always believed in hope and solutions, and I use that to bring me back to my own reality and the smaller life around me. That might not always be smooth but one that has love, compassion, and caring hearts. I am so glad to hear that those and things around you are doing better.

Austan said...

EC- It's not always easy, but it's always great when it's over! :D

Austan said...

Arleen- VitaMeataVegaMin is one of the best Lucy episodes!

There came a point where I refused to listen to any more. I resigned from the Facebook groups, I told the trolls to take a flying one, blocked a bunch of people, and waved that fickle finger. That all felt great, but being able to put all these other things to bed was a huge load off. Beest goes for one more Dx, then we should be on top of what's been going on with her since March. Everything else will fall into place. Whew.

Geo. said...

I get a feeling of happy strength from this post, Austan, and I like it. Best wishes and admiration!

MoonRaven said...

Glad to see you back in good spirits, in spite of it all. It sounds like you've got some good projects to see you through.

klahanie said...

Hi human, Laura,

Ah yes, no blues for yous. Eating healthy stuff and embracing pawsitive resources conducive to your mental and physical well being are such an pawesome tonic!

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses,

Penny xx

Austan said...

Geo- Benign resignation! Que sera, sera.
I aspire to have the sense of humor you have about it all.
x

Austan said...

Moony- There is always more than enough to do, isn't there? Glad to see you posting!

Austan said...

Penny dear,
My feline employer was about to have a word with you, but has stomped off in a huff over my not letting her drink from my glass.
Perhaps next time.
Much love across the pond,
Laura
x

klahanie said...

Hi human, Laura,

Here you go, a virtual drink for your feline employer.

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses, from across the swamp. Oh no, we got subjected to your pawlitics in Cleveland and now we get the pawlitics from Philadelphia. Arf!!!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

This post made me feel sooooooo good! From the get-go, as soon as I saw the title, I knew it was gonna be a good one, and it is. I'm so glad you're back to feeling like your happy, funny sunny self again. :)