Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Where's House When You Need Him?

We had a 36 inch snowfall over the last 2 days. We had no power for one day, and no internet for a day and a half. So I didn't hear until today that Kick's husband is in the ICU up north. She came downstairs to find him naked on the floor in an 85'F sitting room yesterday morning. He was, and still is, unresponsive.  The medicos can't figure out why he won't wake up. Kick is beside herself. This is a nightmare. We need a genius doc or nurse who solves the puzzle.

Meanwhile, if you're the praying type, it can't hurt to send up a wish for his recovery. Thanks.

x


3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

This is Arleen from Starting over, Accepting Changes -Maybe. I am so sorry to read this. I am not a praying person, but I will keep you, your daughter and her husband in my thought an pd hope this all turns out well.

Austan said...

Thank you Arleen. They are close friends, not really family. But he has woken up, been diagnosed with COPD and pneumonia- his O level was 40% in the ER, though his GP didn't catch any of that the week before. He's home now, on oxygen. He's weak and clumsy, but doesn't seem as bad off as you'd expect.

Elephant's Child said...

My heart aches for you all. I am glad to read in the comments that he is doing better. I am not the praying type either but will send oceans of caring wishes through the ether.