Monday, December 12, 2016

Greg

5 days later, we have details. Greg had pancreatic cancer. He's been fighting it for over 2 years, then decided no more chemo last Winter. He finished his autobio and made a film with Bob Harris, the longtime BBC rock journalist. They look like being released in September, 2017.

As I've said, we knew he was ill, but not how ill. The knowledge that he was ill all along since 2014 puts a different light on everything he's said and done since then. I'm glad he's out of pain.

Here is a still from the film shoot with Bob Harris. Rights are Bob Harris'.





Yes, that's Greg mugging on the right.

Here's one of the last photos we'd seen of him, in 2013.




This is a tough death.
Enough, now.
On to the holidays, as he'd wish us all to do. After all, he loved Christmas.

Peace.
x

5 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A beautiful song, which I can't remember hearing. Thank you.
No more pain is always a good thing. For us all.

only slightly confused said...

I'm glad his long battle is over and he is at peace.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

Pancreatic is one of the worst forms, I hope his passing was eased with oodles of happy-making drugs.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Somehow I missed your last post. Knowing how much you loved Greg, I am so sorry to read of his passing. Pancreatic cancer seems to be so prevalent today and so many people are dying of this terrible, and mostly deadly disease. It usually takes people within a year. I remember your posts about him and your preparations before meeting him. I am so glad you had that opportunity.

2016 will go down in my history book as one nasty year also. Unfortunately, 2017 with the Trumper in the picture, is looking even scarier.

Geo. said...

A valuable life; a touching and important message in song --thank you for posting that clip.