Monday, October 2, 2017

When Summer's Gone, Where Will We Be?

Well, it's been 8+ months of Cheeto Von Tweeto's reign and seems like years. Summer is finally over, and this month has literally been shit so far. My upstairs neighbor clogged the toilet last night, then left the flush handle down so water was running, and didn't notice (til I shrieked at the rain coming down into my kitchen) that she'd flooded the place. It was bleach city in here today.  Did she apologize? I haven't seen her, have you?

Then of course last night and today happened. It's only the 2nd of October, 2017. We have 40 more months of Trump's America to try to live through.

I can't go into particulars because I'm trying to get through the PTSD of the last 24 hours and you've all heard it. I'm angry, sad, disgusted. And I keep coming back to why is this happening? Why is the US the hotbed of hotheads? Other countries have lax gun laws and they don't shoot each other to hell. Other countries have strict gun laws and people still get shot or killed. Why is this happening? Why the hatred? And why do We lead the world like this?


USA! USA!

If Tom Petty isn't officially dead by now, he will be by the time you read this. Of The Wilburys, only Dylan and Jeff Lynne remain among the breathing. RIP

Please calm down, October. I can't keep up.
x

7 comments:

Geo. said...

Dear Laura, I wish I had answers to your excellent questions but, today, I'm too stunned to verbalize. October should be a magical time, a time of rest and renewal, not senseless massacre. As to toilets, a brief tutorial instructing upstairs neighbors how to shut off (clockwise) a commode plumbing outlet would be most efficacious. I did that in a SF hotel and am in line for a discount. There are responsibilities to be considered, especially in multilevel dwellings. Your good sense and rational outlook are true comforts to me right now. Thanks.

Elephant's Child said...

My heart goes out to everyone affected by this latest obscenity.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

There are no words anymore. I feel like giving up.

only slightly confused said...

Three days into October and the world is in an insane mess....I have no anwers...wish I did. I'm ready to move on to November already.

bazza said...

I tend to bury my head in the sand a bit these days. The lovely, friendly world of Blogging is a good place to do it. We have to survive the best way we can! I am sure the USA has just as great a proportion of good people as any other country.
CLICK HERE for Bazza’s unthinkable Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

You're right. October is off to a horrible horrible start. Let's hope that means the only way from here has got to be UP. If we spend our time agonizing over the atrocities in the world and worrying about what might be coming next, we'll drive ourselves start raving mad. The only way to survive is to concentrate on the good, the kind, and the caring side of life. We've gotta "brighten the corners where we are" and have faith that the best is yet to come. And ignore the hollow pits of grief in our guts.

klahanie said...

Hi Laura,

A timely, emotive post, my thoughtful friend. Sadly, it seems that a portion of America is stuck in the Wild West mentality. The world looks on with dismay and horror.

I think I'm better of "Free Fallin'"....

In peace and hope, your friend,

Gary
x