Saturday, May 5, 2018

But Ya Are, Blanche!

Oh dear, it's May. How has a third of the year gone already? Not that it's been an idyllic time of peaceful enjoyment. It's been more like a bumper car ride. In no particular order...

Billy finally reached out to his 1st wife and their son in February. And they're getting married on the anniversary of their 1st wedding (they married twice) at the end of this month. Their son, whom I call Junior, is a mess. A spoiled 46 year-old who's been living off Mama for years and years (along with his 49 year-old girlfriend who was convicted of kiting checks and doesn't work). Billy is riding in like the cavalry to hopefully straighten out said mess. All of this means that he is selling up and moving to Florida. Kick will help him clean out, bless her, and he has 2 potential buyers. But there's so much to unload. Since Mac was spending 4-5 grand a month on QVC, there is endless crap to wade through. He just found sheet sets crammed into the front room endtables. It took weeks to even make room to open the endtables. I'm hopeful but scared for Billy. He and Mia were together from junior high school until they were 25, and Mia was my only big sister from the time I was 5. I could be overjoyed if I wasn't terrified for him. If this doesn't work out...

Beest died on March 29th. There were several things going on, all related to her thyroid. She wouldn't eat anything for almost a week, barely drank, and at the end she was clearly ready to go. My vet came here and we put her out of the misery. His guess was she was 14-15 years old. I miss her.

                                          RIP Beest. You were loved by many.

 It's gone from snow to 90'F in 2 weeks. I miss Winter.

The housing authority is morphing into a Neocon mindset. My AC charges have jumped from 100$/ the season to 220$. We can't put our own ACs in the window, nor take them out. Maintenance will do that, but we'll get no appointment for it; they'll do it whenever. Since that Masshole Republican got into his office manager job here, things have gone to hell. I won't list the number of assholy things he's wrought, it'll just piss us all off.

Meanwhile, I gave up wheat on February 2nd when my caseworker told me a couch potato lost 150 lbs. over 2 years just giving up wheat. Not easy at first, but very worth it. All my digestive issues went away. I sleep better. I lost 32 pounds in 3 months with no other change in life. It's tough to lose weight when you can't walk, but this is working. And it's so simple. You just don't eat wheat in any form. I admit to straying twice in my birthday week, but I paid for it in gastric distress and I won't be doing it again. Highly recommend it. Need info? Read Wheat Belly, which was urged at me after I started the no wheat deal. Wheat isn't the wheat we ate 50 years ago. I'll say no more.

With the world as it is, I'm pondering the oddball theory that the Large Hadron Collider propelled us into another dimension, an alternate reality. Everything is so FUBAR, it beggars belief that we are in the same universe we were in a dozen years ago.

Yet we carry on, oars against the current, defiantly laughing at whatever gets thrown at us.


 I hope you never stop shaking a fist at the sky, or laughing.
x

6 comments:

Harry Hamid said...

I think your parallel universe theory sounds about right. I've been trying to come up with an explanation, and that might be it.

It's a perfect year to shake a fist at the sky.

only slightly confused said...

I'm so sorry you lost your Beastly friend......I know how hard that is.
AS to giving up wheat...I hear ya sister.....Two and a half years ago I restricted carbs...not totally carb free you understand...but sseverely restricted. No breat or pasta or sweeties...I also cleared out as many chemically 'enhanced' foods as possible and cut way (waaaaaaay) back on anything sugary (lie fruit juices) and 50 pounds just melted off. I hardly recognize myself.
I think the earth may have tilted off its axis and is not barreling around the universe with no apparent goals in mind. God help us all.

Elephant's Child said...

I am so sorry that the Beest is gone. They wind their ways into our heart strings and take a piece of us with them when they leave.
And wish all the best for Billy. And for you.

Geo. said...

Wonderful to see a post from you, Laura. Sad to hear about Beest. I have cats on my roof, but they are not mine and it's not the same. I talk to tree frogs a lot, and birds --I say, "Hey, who you callin' cheap?" They answer, "cheeep cheep cheep!" Birds get away with a lot. But, what the heck, they're beautiful.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

My heart sank whe I read that Beast had passed away. I am so sorry, Laura; I know how much you loved him.

I hope everything works out for Billy. Life is funny on how it turns in circles and often people return from where they started. I wish them the best.

This world gets crazier and crazier. I am glad I am old.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

I to have given up wheat, and most carbohydrates. It let me lose 15kg and I feel much healthier. No dietary issues, but it's stabilised my diabetes. Sorry to hear about Beest, our wee Bichon Frise croaked 3 months ago. I kinda miss him, but not his farts and smells.