Sunday, April 1, 2012

April Fools Us All

It's a contentious weekend here in the Shire. Both The Beest and I are feeling poorly with some bug. I told her to go to bed and she hissed at me. Such is life when everyone's sick in a house. Reminds me of being a kid, everyone moping around and grumpy. The weatherbees are calling for sleet. Just as the first daffodils are up! Lovely. It's cold. Not untypically cold, just the kinda cold you don't want when you're not well. Everything hurts. Stomach, questionable. The quest for comfort is first order. If I had junk foods in the house I'd be eating them today. Just as well I don't. 21 days to Greg...seems a long way off right now. But then, this evening seems a long way off. Why is time elongated when you feel like pants?

There is some good news. Regular chocolate eaters are slimmer. And fast food makes you sad.
http://bigthink.com/ideafeed/chocolate-is-slimming-fast-food-depresses?

A tiny lamprey-like robot could be swimming through your system soon
http://www.kurzweilai.net/the-living-micro-robot-that-could-detect-diseases-in-humans

Tonight the game continues
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/mar/31/game-of-thrones-returns

There's never too much chocolate, IMHO
http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2012/mar/30/truffle-cake-mocha-creams-recipes

When I get to England...
http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/studio-tour-opens-rich-world-rowling-making-harry-potter-london-article-1.1053616

Leave Batman alone!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17564941

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

and apparently coffee can make you lazy...
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/03/28/study-coffee-may-make-lazy/
in other newss, Justin Trudeau won his boxing match for charity (he's cute..gives you an idea of what his Dad looked like in his younger years).

Lisa said...

Love me some chocolate! I'm having trouble finding a good dark chocolate that's not bitter. Just a cube a day is all you need. On the diet front - I feel a lot better not eating the fast food. Didn't realize JUST how bad it was making me feel. And, cutting out the excess sugar (namely Sprites)- amazing difference. I'm actually not hungry anymore! Feel better soon. You gotta bit in good health for Greg :D An update will be on the way as soon as GoT is over.

Lisa said...

Make that "BE in good health...."

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I hope you feel better and she does too. Take care

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I hope you feel better and she does too. Take care

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Get well soon, kiddo. And the chocolate I've been eating must be defective. Trust me, I am NOT losing weight.

Anonymous said...

Feeling any better? Sending good thoughts to you and the Beest.

Austan said...

Lawless- who'd ever think coffee would make you lazy? It has just the opposite effect on me! And yes, I'm a bit better, thanks. We're both still cranky.

Lisa- try the Ghirardelli line. I'm glad you're eating and feeling healthier! This is an annoying bug and yeah, I have to be the picture of health for Greg!! ;)

Munir- thank you dear. You too.

Susan- That's not right. Chocolate is supposed to give us Katharine Hepburn's shape! Thanks, girl, I'm trying.

Twisted Scottish Bastard said...

My advice would be to crawl into a nice warm bed with as much medication, alcohol and honey as you can stand.
A good book helps.
I've found that audio books give the most restful transition to sleep apart from powerful pheobarbs.

CarrieBoo said...

Oh no. I spent a similar weekend propped up on the sofa with a hot water bottle. Hope you and Beest are feeling better today.

3 weeks til Greg! That's not that long! Once you're feeling less pants-ish, anyway.

Mmmm, chocolate.

Wayne Kernochan said...

I love chocolate as much as the next person, but, like anything else, it's an industry. Check out this blog and make sure you're getting it from the right company.

http://slavefreechocolate.org/

Austan said...

TSB- That sounds all good to me. And I have Hitchhiker's Guide on tape next to my bed. I'm with you there. There are times when holding a book is too much effort.

Carrie- Must be Spring Malaise/Seasonal Goop. Wish I could lay around today. Well, 5 p.m. will come round soon...

Wayne! Good point. Every industry needs to be looked at these days, even that innocent can of Coke has blood all over it.