Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Wall Won

Okay, I'm done. For today, anyway. After hitting the physical wall, I had to deal with Amazon worrying that my card was expired so not accepting my order and my not-so-local-anymore bank being unhelpful because the PO still insists that I'm not where I live and told the bank my address was bad. I just got a callback from the "customer service center" which used to be "Mrs. McDonald" (aka Tammy whom I've known for over a decade) and is now a perky and young "Theresa". After much explanation and tsuris, they will be mailing me a new card today. Now let's see if the PO, who have been delivering mail to me here since November, deliver it. Really, it's days like these that make me glad life is short. Add that to the several "Because You're Moving" packets that Comcast keeps sending me no matter how many times I've called to tell them I'm not moving, and I'm glad we all die young in my family. I'm not thrilled with the misinformation highway we live on these days.

That's it. I'm taking my dusty disgusted derriere outdoors and look at the daffodils and hyacinths. Somehow, they made it through the flood without being made homeless and without the PO claiming they aren't there anymore.

7 comments:

Geo. said...

Just Sunday I had a check declined where I've shopped 20 years because the store's computer couldn't communicate with my bank's. Sounds like we suffer from high-tech crappola --a privilege less developed nations can only dream about. But they are frail advantages designed to crappolate away. I hope you join me in the great pleasure of outliving them.

Anonymous said...

Talk about frustration.

Austan said...

Geo- I hope they crappolate away! Any way we can assist that happening soon? ;)


Lawless- That's today's secret word!...but the duck didn't come down.
At least the hyacinths are happy, they're twice the size of last year! My tulips out back were all flushed away by the flood, though. :( Ya win some...

Elephant's Child said...

Daffodils and Hyacinths (and Tulips) are always good. Says the woman with far too many to plant.

Austan said...

EC- I'd say give some away if there are too many...

CarrieBoo said...

I know those days! LOL!

Austan said...

Carrie- There are too many of them!