Friday, April 27, 2012

The Week that Was, or What Next?

It's nine p.m. Friday night, quiet and cool in the Shire. Beestowitz has belly-wobbled off to the bedroom after eating all her food. I'll follow in an hour or two. Near the end of The Hunger Games (good read, BTW, I'll be reviewing it) and I want to see how it ends.

I'm going through a post-dream come true kinda what- let down? Deflation? After something incredible happens does the rest of life always seem like some mix of stress and boredom or is the recent memory being so huge what makes regular life blah?

Is this a "how ya gonna keep em down on the farm after they've seen Pa-reeee?" thing? Seriously, it's been many years since there was such a huge deal in my life. Mission accomplished, aside from the thank you (and explanation) note I'll send Greg. And it was a great ride, beginning to end.

Guess I need a new mission. Hmmm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's next on your bucket list?

Austan said...

I don't have one. Must be time to make it!

Elephant's Child said...

I am really looking forward to living vicariously through your next mission. This last one was such fun.

Austan said...

EC- I'm thinking on it... it'll be tough to top Greg after being crazy about him for so long.

SarcasticTestGuy said...

Put "Make Bucket List" at the top of your bucket list, that way you'll have a running start!

CarrieBoo said...

It's always a catch 22... partly why I fear ever having more than I do right now. But you will re-adjust to "normal" life and then the memories will warm you on winter nights. :) (I get that way after holidays - not that I've had many, but maybe that's why.)

STG... hahahaha!

Austan said...

STG- Ha! It's a start!

Austan said...

Carrie- It is a sort of Catch-22. Reminds me of my grandfather telling my parents we kids were being educated "above our station" and would be made discontented by it.