Thursday, April 26, 2012

I Broke my Party Bone

Well, that was a birthday I won't remember. Is it just me or does everyone get tanked on very little to drink and no food?

I do have a tattoo, and it looks terrific.

This is Recovery Day. Aside from the basic functions and what the lizard brain keeps operating I'm totally incapable. It seems nobody's dead (there are no bodies laying around and no crime scene tape) so nothing irreparable happened. Some days that's enough.

Damn, it's tough getting old! Thank you for all the good wishes. Hopefully, I'll be back to 'normal' and will resume regular broadcasting tomorrow. :)

12 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

Lining the stomach is a must. Thank goodness for that lizard part of our brains. I definitely feel tapped into that today, too. Glad it all went well otherwise and it turned out good. Happy zzz's. :)

Anonymous said...

Inked and sloshed...what a combo. Glad you had a great birthday. Remember, you're only as old as you feel.

Geo. said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed every episode of this observance. Happy birthday, Austan.

Elephant's Child said...

You are not alone on the minimal alcohol, maximum effect thing. Still, its cheaper.
Glad that you have been inked, and love it.
Happy birthday again.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

The day after can be painful.

klahanie said...

Hey Laura,
I'm really sorry. I've been well out of the loop. My moments on the computer have been sporadic at best.
I'm going to conveniently blame it on my new medication which has left me in a rather zombiefied state.
And thus, I'm guessing a bit of a belated happy birthday. And what's this about drink? If I owned a drinking establishment and you ordered an alcoholic beverage from me, I would be asking you for picture ID.
Take care, Laura and keep smiling :)
x

Austan said...

Carrie- I should have eaten, it wouldn't have been so bad!

Austan said...

Lawless- Yesterday I felt about 97. Today, more like 60. That's what I got for trying to act like a 20 year old.

Austan said...

Geo.- Thank you. It was a weeklong celebration. And now back to regular life...

Austan said...

EC- I've been out of training for too long!

Austan said...

Arleen- Boy, was it! Glad I could afford the day off!

Austan said...

Gary! Oh dear, zombiefied doesn't sound like fun. Hope you're better soon. Thanks for the birthday wishes. And if you owned a pub, I'd be there every day to get "proofed"! ;)
Take good care,
Laura
x