Friday, November 2, 2012

Dear Campaigns,

Go $%&# yourselves. Really. $%&# yourself really hard because right now I don't care about how much money you need, when your deadline is, or, frankly, whether or not any of you live or die. And how dare you try guilting me with a "statement of contributions" and telling me I can do better? Go take a flying $%&# at the moon. Cuz you can find all the money I'm giving you there. If you haven't noticed, there's some real #$%& going on, like people missing and who are suddenly homeless with nothing left and you want money so you can hassle people for more? You sure you wanna do that? I'm a woman on the edge. One more of you ass bastids emails me for money and I'm never giving any of you a cent ever again.
Sincerely,
LA

10 comments:

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Why don't we threaten to vote for the guy with the most money - who can obviously afford to run for office - rather than have the guy with less money soak the working class on the basis of promises we know won’t be kept?

Austan said...

When this is over I'm suggesting that they start a new approach- "Send us ten dollars now and nobody will bother you for the rest of the election cycle".

Anonymous said...

What kind of thoughtless, crass idiots are running for office over there on your side of the 'line'? Still holding positive thoughts for your bro.

Austan said...

The political machines here know no human feeling. Yet another thing I hate about this country. Not one thought for the battered east coast.
Thanks, Lawless. Day 5 closes with no word. I emailed him that if he isn't dead I'll kill him.

Lisa said...

No.... I want to see who can get elected with the least amount of money. If they could pull that off, think about how well they could do with a municipal budget. All the mailers and the commercials are good for is pissing me off and make sure I don't vote for them.

Geo. said...

Those mailers are on a card stock that barely qualifies as stationary: more like 5-ply building material, slick with sharp edges. Robocalls ALL DAY too. I and half my state voted absentee 2-3 weeks back. Nobody's undecided. Didn't used to be this intrusive.

Austan said...

Niecely- then they'd be accused of corruption because nobody heard of them so how'd they get in office? lol

Austan said...

Geo.- I'm not getting material in the mail, happily. But the emails are insane- 3 an hour, until I sent responses bitching them out and telling them that one more email and they'll never see another cent from me again.

Elephant's Child said...

I don't get requests for political funding (which is just as well) but do get more and more charitable requests. Some of which are just plain greedy. No, I am not going to give you $500. You already get money from my bank account each month and I resent you asking for more.
That brother of yours is risking death on many sides. I hope he chooses to materialise soon.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

So well said!!!!!!!!!