Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gobble!

Here we are. I'll gather my wits to make and bake the pies for Thanksgiving dinner right after this is posted. The house is in shape for company. Ems has a bed waiting right in front of the heat. There are sheets and blankets out for Strider to camp on the futon. Just some last minute organizing and then cooking on the day and eating. Yay!

So I'll be busy from here on til Saturday and I just wanted to wish a Happy Thanksgiving to all my blogging pals, even if you don't observe it. Any day's a good day to realize and value all we have. Enjoy.

Things I'm grateful for this year:
Food and friends and family


Attitude adjustment

The turkeys who give their lives for our feasts.


And furfaces who make life good.

The fall of the Nose of Mordor

One of the best nights
EVER.
And an incredible daughter.


                                                                  BERNIE!

The ways and means to keep on keeping on.



 We have Obama for filling another few SCOTUS seats.

  And we live to fight another day.


                                                Happy Thanksgiving. xo                                                  

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just the very happiest of Thanksgivings to you ...... and you DO deserve it. You go bake your brains out now.

Austan said...

Thank you Lawless. I will! xo!

Allyson said...

aw. hambone in a blankie!!

haha! see you tomorrow. i'll call from the road after i leave mr. pieman in south P.

Austan said...

wrapped up like a sausage!

yay! okay, drive safe babycakes!

Geo. said...

Thanks, Austan, and best wishes!

klahanie said...

Hey Laura,

Of course, now it's time for you to celebrate Thanksgiving, American style.

And with gratitude, I wish you and your loved ones, a peaceful Thanksgiving.
Gary
x

Allyson said...

i've always thought of that as his obi-wan kenobi pic. my little jedi master.

Pearl said...

I am thankful for all this and more!

Well done.

Pearl

Austan said...

Geo. Thank you for your always-a-surprise writing. Happy Turkey to you! x

Austan said...

Gary, I'm thankful for your friendship and insights. You're terrific. Prog on!
Laura
x

Austan said...

Pearl, thank you for always making me happier than I was before reading your posts. Have a happy!

Austan said...

Ally- He is def a Jedi. I just wanna jump in that pic and hug him and squeeze him and call him... Emmet!