Sunday, November 4, 2012

Houston, We Have Contact.

And holy crap am I gonna sleep tonight. Billy and MaryAlice are in Staten Island and we'll talk tomorrow.
Everyone's okay but things are a mess.

And yes, it's because I finally caved and joined fb. Dammit. It took all of 3 hours to do what 4 days of emails and phone calls didn't. I'll concede that it's not as rotten as it once was and I will credit it for finding relatives, and the ladies who pushed me into joining it for being right.

Doesn't mean I have to like it!

But it does mean that I'll sleep before sunrise and this longer-than-has-been-night might set me well. Everyone's okay.
And the Bonzo solo on "TSRTS" which is playing on vh-1 CLASSIC has joy unbound to it.
The best kind of lullaby.

7 comments:

Geo. said...

That's great news, Austan! Glad you made contact with your brother (even if it makes me the last American not on FB).

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful, wonderful news. I can start to relieve all those tensed muscles. I am sure they helped thought.
And, I haven't yet joined FB either. And I don't twitter. Or Instagram (I think that is the term).

Anonymous said...

Thank God. Never mind the horrors of facebook. Once this is all over you can always cancel. In the meantime, you have contact.

Austan said...

Geo.- I've been on fb for a couple days and people have come outta the woodwork. I don't know if I can stand the activity.

Austan said...

EC- Thank you for it all. I've joined fb, but that's it. Ya have to draw the line somewhere.

Austan said...

Lawless- Exactamente. If it starts taking over my life, it can go away as quickly as it came.

klahanie said...

Hi Laura,

My human Gary, who has been commenting using my icon, I've noticed, and myself, are truly relieved that you have made contact with your brother.

Of course, a good thing out of all of this is that you are now on 'Farcebook' where you can be in awe of Gary's vitally important profile updates! Arf! Arf!

Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses, Penny xx