Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Oh What a Relief It Is!

Today I'm celebrating. Because it's all gonna be all right. Not good; things haven't entirely changed since Monday, but some really good stuff has happened. Encouraging stuff. I'll let Stevil's wonderful post tell it:

http://auto-de-fey.blogspot.com/2012/11/in-1963-bob-dylan-wrote-song-that-i.html

Obama's wee hours speech, which is one of the most moving I've ever heard:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/2012/11/victory-in-hand-obama-extends-olive-branch-for-second-term.html
(scroll halfway down the page for the video)

So we prepare for the first Winter storm. I'm gonna make a small cheaters beef stew, bake a couple sweet potatoes and whatever else I come across to warm the place up (I always fill an oven). Oh and my brother is home at last, everything is on and back to somewhat normal at his house. Though the shore is under curfew/evac again in the threat of the Nor'easter coming. I'm worried about Kick, because she's supposed to work tonight but how can she under the curfew/evac orders, she's already lost a lot of work time and $, and now she's worried they'll fire her.

In general I can't work myself up over anything bad today. It all seems handle-able. We dodged a hail of bullets last night. After that, well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

And baby, are we strong.

Austan said...

Yes we sure are! :D

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

And getting stronger. Must be (PHHHT!) that Chinese food I had for lunch.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Enjoy today and hope that we will all move forward.

I have been cooking quite a bit since yesterday also. It kept my mind off things. Of course, everything I cooked had lots of sugar in it. I just needed that.

Lisa said...

I'm just hoping that since he doesn't have to worry about a reelection in 4 years - he'll get a lot done.

Austan said...

Susan- mmmm Chinese food...

Austan said...

Arleen- it's funny how cooking gets meditative and comforting. I think I'll make cookies tonight.

Austan said...

Niecely- A lame duck can go in any direction. I'm hopeful.

klahanie said...

Hi Laura,

What's this about Obama's wee? Ignore that. Me thinks that the youth got out there and helped vote for what we reckon may be a better future for America.

I'm going to bake some fortune cookies. I shall put a slip inside each one that predicts the youth in Britain go out and vote in our next election and get rid of the scum that blights this fair isle.

Sorry, I'm rambling. Lack of sleep will be my excuse :)

Gary
x

Elephant's Child said...

Wobbly dances still happening here. Wonderful links and thank yoo.

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Thanks for the mention, darling. I've now had two nights in a row when the total sleep added up to 10 hours per night. Work has been insane between hurricanes, northeasters, and elections. I'm worn out. Hope you are well.