Monday, October 22, 2012

Free Willies in Black & White

Youtube is about the best thing to have happened in the last 25 years. Youtubians have uploaded things from around the world. I've made a couple of friends through YT. And some of the best things from the past that you thought you'd never see again pop up on YT.

Back in the early 60s there was a little weird show called "One Step Beyond". It was a favorite in our house. Not only did they tell eerie stories, the producer claimed the stories were true. To this day when I hear the opening music and John Newland's voice, my guts gird themselves. In the sidebar are many more episodes, but this is one story I remember well:

In an entirely different league are the following movies. Each has stayed with me for many years.

"Carnival of Souls"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exUFpSFblaw

"The Last Man on Earth"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vcWlUn6B9w

"Dementia 13"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQWBy8oACLE

I really don't recommend these for late night, just-before-bed watching. I last watched "Carnival of Souls" in 1979. I'm still not ready to see it again.
But don't let fear stop you..... mwahahahahahaha....


3 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh yes, I will let my fear stop me. When I see these movies and someone goes into the cellar or attic, I know to take a bathroom break. I am an admitted scaredy cat.

Austan said...

Arleen! Hahahahah!!! You're probably wiser than I. I've scared myself to the point of getting the willies a couple times. As I age it gets harder to get worked up over a movie. Though the latest trend in torturing people movies is something I won't support.

MunirGhiasuddin said...

I have to admit that I was scared of the first "Jaws". Then there was a movie called "The Thing". That was really scary.