Sunday, October 28, 2012

I've Never Loved My Bed So Much

Waking up this morning I realized tonight could be the last night in my own bed, again, for who knows how long. The weather folks here say it'll be the winds that we should be worried about, and power failure. In any event I'm sure we'll be evacuated (we're "at risk population"- old and disabled) so off we'll go without knowing when or if we'll return. Again. Poor Beest will have to deal, I can't do anything about it. Someone will be by every day to feed and check on her. The guilt is killing me but there's no place better than her own home. At least it's familiar. I don't have money or a car to take her somewhere we can both shelter.

New Jersey is already evacuating. I called my brother to wish him Happy Birthday and they say nothing's a big deal there yet. Kick sent me pix of the coast near her house. The beach is gone. They haven't had rain yet but they're signing the waiver and staying in their house. She has to go to work tonight or be fired. I'm worried for everyone down there. Mandatory evacs are happening in NYC now. Oy.

I'm extremely lucky that I have so many friends offering help. The Princess will give me a ride to Cam's house, Cam and I will hunker down for the storm, Paul has offered whatever help I'll need. Stevil is sending me funnies. I have great friends.

Well, time to get stuff together for the bug out. It's busy in the Shire today, kids coming to take Moms to their houses. I hope everyone stays safe and dry. Especially Kick and Arleen. I'm thinking of you all.
Here's the predicted pattern:

9 comments:

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

Uh, oh. Better watch out - while you're gone Beest is likely to try on all your clothes and experiment with your makeup.

Austan said...

And drink all the beer and eat everything in the house! If I have any strange cable charges she's finding a new home!

Geo. said...

All my best wishes, Austan. Keep transmitting.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you while we prepare for facing the storm as well....keep safe and keep in touch.

Austan said...

Geo.- thanks, will do.

Austan said...

Arleen, don't forget to have some fun in all this. I'll post as I can, and you do so too, please. xo

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

When crap happens and our friends and/or family are there to help us out, we know how blessed we are. You are surrounded by love Laura and will get through this like always. The sun will come out eventually.

Austan said...

You're right, Arleen. So are you and so will you. Friday will be sunny. We just have to carry on.

Elephant's Child said...

I have perfectly useless tears in my eyes. I so wish I was close enough to be of any help. My heart and thoughts are with you. Stay safe.