Thursday, May 5, 2011

Gang Oft Agley

Well I tried. Right after getting offline I settled in to watch a night of good stuff. 2 movies, 3 concert vids. "Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part One" was first, since I've seen all the HP movies and read all the books and heard it was good. It was. Then came "Bright Lights, Big City", a movie dear to my heart...and the last thing I remember is Michael J. Fox out on the street in front of the Palladium. I woke up at 1:30 a.m., turned everything off and went to bed. So much for fun. But I must've needed the sleep.

As we used to say when we heard car crashes in NYC, "Back up and try again." Though today is pre-scheduled until probably 7, I'm determined to finish my mission.

Among today's agenda items is making the prototype for the sandwich competition that Snootch Granger and I are collaborating on; he's making the bread and I'm making the filling. It's for a Great New England sandwich, and so far 6 of the 7 ingredients are local; if I decide to go with butter (instead of olive oil) it'll be all 7. I'm pretty sure it'll work as I have it in my head. He and Greenbriar are coming over around dinnertime and we'll see what tweaking needs to be done. If we win (and that's a BIG if) he's going to Australia, not me. I'll be happy to Place or Show and donate the prize to a local food pantry. If you live in NE and want to give it a go, look up
http://www.strollingoftheheifers.com/

There's still plenty to get done around here. It's not raining today...yet... but it's damp and chilly, so it'll be slow going. Better get my ass in gear.

No comments: