Thursday, May 19, 2011

Please Let it Be True

My niece told me about this last week but I hadn't seen it in the press til today. The Rapture is imminent, and all I can say is, why'd it take so long? I've been waiting for at least ten years to see this happen so the rest of us can get on with life and fix the world. We can't even begin until we get free of the fundies so it can't be soon enough for me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2011/may/19/rapture-end-of-the-world

Hurry up Saturday! We have a chance to see freedom & solve unemployment if it happens!

2 comments:

Geo. said...

I've been a fan of mild-mannered, unflappably courteous regional treasure, Harold Camping, for well over 20 years. He's a gentlemanly, no-drama Bible scholar who sometimes calculates the end of the world. When it doesn't happen, he just says "oops" and returns to his math. How it got worldwide attention this time escapes me, but it does figure in a post I started today and will include in "Trainride Of The Enigmas" by tomorrow. I'm all excited! Oh wait, it is Camping you're talking about, isn't it?

Austan said...

Originally based on Camping, but all the latter-day Millerites are in on this. It reminds me of all the other times I've heard the "end of the world" was on such & such a date. And it's always a disappointment.