Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Momentary Lapse of Reagan

Recent media products have airbrushed Reagan as a saint. I contend that he was horrible. He encouraged extravagance. He gutted unions. He oversaw the beginning of the end for the middle class. He lied. He was a traitor to his own People. He ran us into terrible debt, which has become a new norm. The best that can be said for him was that he was a conscienceless puppet. And because of all this, I owe him thanks for making me do 30+ years of lefty activism.

Yes, it was Ronald Reagan that made me the lefty I am today. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. That is the real legacy of his presidency.

This is a post from the wayback machine. It's relevant to how we got where we are and I don't want to repeat myself:
http://austanspace.blogspot.com/2009/04/credit-trap.html

No comments: