Thursday, May 5, 2011

Sweet Joy From Sorrow

My HS friend Becky gave me a poster in Sophomore year. The photo is of tiny white flowers growing out of cracks between rocks. The text says, "There is a sweet joy that comes to us through sorrow." Yes, I still have it.

I saw this happen with my brother and his wife yesterday. They have had a few weeks of true Hell, but it's better now, and out of it they've fallen back in love again. Next month will be their 29th wedding anniversary, and they're all sweet and giggly again. It's really heartening to see. I've been hearing both sides since they first got together. Now, all these years later, they're happy best friends cooing together.

Life is never what you expect but sometimes surprisingly sweet, even in sorrow. Thanks Becky. I hope wherever you are, you're happy too.

No comments: