Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finally! ELP HiVolt DVD Soon!

ELP played the High Voltage Festival last July in London. Some have posted parts on YT, a song or two. But it was obviously filmed via the trolley you see running across people's iPhone screens. A year later it's been announced it'll be finally released, on August 23rd.

With Keith's health problems, it may be their last concert ever. I hope not, but it's possible. Hell, none of them are under 60 now, and they've been at this for 5 decades. I'm glad for seeing them when I did, and we'll always have the albums and DVDs. Really, who among us in the 70s thought any of us would still be here in 2011?

Well, that's another off my Armageddon List. Read & saw all the LOTR and Harry Potters. Now the world can't end until The Hobbit movies are seen. Then the meteor- or Tarkus- can get me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Emerson, Lake and Palmer!
...ooops almost forgot the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIbf6z61Aqg

4 comments:

klahanie said...

Greetings Austan,
'Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends...'
I had the amazing privilege of watching and oh my, hearing Emerson, Lake and Palmer in Vancouver in 1973, during their 'Brain Salad Surgery' tour.
One of the best and I reckon, the loudest concerts I ever went too.
Look forward to that release on August 23rd.
I will be a 'Lucky Man' to get to watch that :)
In kindness, Gary

Austan said...

Greetings Gary!
Absolutely amazing what 3 guys and a lot of electricity did at those shows.
Peace and Prog On,
Laura

klahanie said...

Absolutely! And Carl Palmer did the most amazing drum solo I have ever experienced.
All the best to you, Laura :)
Gary

Austan said...

Oh man, the drum solos and that wild turning rig he had! I so wish I'd seen Keith on the spinning piano. Maybe next life! :)
Joy to You,
Laura