Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas is Good

Now that I've had a day to recuperate and get my brain back, I see all the terrific stuff Santa's helpers gave me. On top of the Greg concert, which is in such a class of its own I can't quite fathom it yet, I was spoiled this year. Stellar stuff. Too much to list everything but some of very special note. Stevil had made for me a t shirt and coffee mug set with a picture of Bilbo's door and garden and "austanspace" in LOTR font. And he gave me a digicamera, which I'll get set up (probably not until the end of the week) and with which I'll post pix of the Beest and various other things. Kathleen gave me lovely and useful things but what made me cry was a tiny set of red Ludwigs, like the ones I used to own. They hang on my tree now and will, always. And Lise made a teeny ornament in half a walnut shell, a Christmas scene, like a diorama, and a wonderful cashmere cowl. Grotke baked his yummy cookies and burned a cd of unusual Christmas tunes. Paul gave me a funny book about getting along with your cat. Yes, I made out like a bandit. And so did the Beest, who's got enough catnip and toys to keep her busy and stoned for a year.

And now it's make lists and get ready for the party on Sunday. My aide will be here later to lug out all the recycling and do the last of the shopping. And I have to set the place up to accomodate a dozen people. It's fine for a couple of people, but things need to move around if  I'm gonna fit everyone in here. It's still a Chinese box puzzle. We'll have to get chairs from the community room, too. It'll happen, it always does.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you did all right..now, on to the next thing.

Austan said...

Haha! It's always on to the next thing!