Monday, December 5, 2011

Today is Shorter than Usual

It's getting close to the Solstice for sure. It's only 4:00 and already the sun is sinking. There is something really nice about long nights. I'm not a sun person. Way too pale, after the first few cases of sun poisoning I've avoided being in it all I can. I like the dark. I like sleep.

Since I'm too physically discombobulated to even finish the tree, and I'm afraid that I'll break whatever I touch because I can't hold anything without dropping it, I'm retiring and hoping that tomorrow will be better. After all the drama and craziness of the last 3 months I guess I'm shellshocked. Even organizing thoughts is challenging. I'm really just very tired. The crisis is over for me even though the fight for this place isn't, and like a runner after a marathon, it's fall apart time.

The best thing to do in this situation is to surrender. Up goes the white flag, a nice hot shower will feel good, and off to bed with a good book I go. Everything, even the sinkful of dishes, will wait. Sleep well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've got the right idea.

Austan said...

I don't think I'd've made it this far without you guys.