Friday, December 30, 2011

Headway and Footway

It's been a good day. Getting my bedroom into being a functional space is key to everything around here. The HUD inspectors will be here in 4 weeks and with the regular stuff going on it could take that long to fix it all. We made good progress today. Thank gods for my Gal Friday. She isn't supposed to do heavy lifting or moving of furnture so that's still on me, but I can do that as long as there's no walking at the same time or I can lean on what I'm moving while doing it. She shoves things out of my way and I move things into place. It works. I just curse like a stagehand and it gets done.

Sunday is the Alka Seltzer Party. There's not a lot of cooking to do for it, just mac salad, meatballs and soup. The rest is self serve- bagels, cake, nutbreads, cheese, chips, pretzels, etc. I'll do mise en place for all that and make the mac salad tomorrow. The ladles are still MIA; I'll have to ask someone to bring one. The Beest gave me dirty looks for moving her catbox into the storage room. Oh well. Now I can get through the kitchen without squeezing my walker by. And there's room for people to mill around. She'll just have to get used to it.

Speaking of the Beest, she's been very amenable with everyone who's come by. I have to wonder what she's up to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take it easy. We don't want you compromising your health with that concert coming up.
As for the Beest....check in with Pearl. She should have lots of good advice for cat owners. (Sorry Beest, cat belongers)

CarrieBoo said...

That's quite the moving visual... makes Tetris baby play. I hope it's nothing too heavy. *gulp*
You got the look from Beest! Aaaaarrgggh!

Austan said...

Lawless- No worries, I know when to quit. 112 days to Greg! I'm planning more for this than I did for my wedding!
I just joined Pearl- she's a truly wonderful writer, why doesn't she have thousands of followers?!

Austan said...

Boo- My life is a Chinese puzzle. The dresser I moved is scarily unstable but it made it across the room.

The Beest is acting suspiciously!