Follow by Email

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 Days to Bratt

Strider's gone off on more work-related traveling and training. Today and tomorrow while she's away I'll pack up whatever I've sprawled around here and get ready to cross the mountains back to hometown. She asked me if I really wanted to go back Friday. It's really not a choice. I don't trust them to do the right thing. I can't call continuously and lobby from here, if I need to. I can't sit on the steps and stare at them from here. I have to go back.

Today the Town Manager will be on our local live talk show. I hope she answers the questions directly. Though I can't hear it, I'm sure I'll be hearing what transpires. My question is, "Will the Town appeal the DRB decision on building 230, and if not, when will the residents be able to go home?" If Barb can't answer those up front, we're in deep doodoo.

Well, I'm gonna have another cuppa and let the pastel kitty in. I'll be back...

3 comments:

mybabyjohn/Delores said...

Sounds like your friend wouldn't mind if you stayed. Nice to have a friend like that. Hope your town manager is a forthcoming sort of person and you get some straight answers.

Austan said...

Ah, Strider's more than a friend, she's my daughter. ;) I'm hoping she'll do some straight talking, no shilly-shally.

I swear if I get thru this whole charade with one nerve left it'll be a miracle.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Here's hoping that you will have more than one nerve left.

May you have something to be truly thankful for by the end of this month.