Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pea Soup Fog

It's almost 9, I've been up since 7:30, and the fog hasn't moved. I can just see the treeline across Strider's yard, and nothing beyond. It's other-worldly. So thick light doesn't show; even the sun is just a muted glow.

Today is a do day . Do the hair, do and check lists and keep working on my right hand, so it can do what I need it to do. A week from now I'll be packing to go back and will know what the DRB decided. Time passes, whatever else goes on.

I can't help but have hopes and dreams that I'll be back in Hobbiton. I can see being back there, boxes everywhere again, my new bed set up, taking a shower in my bathroom. Unpacking will be easier this time because I know where things will live already. Despite or because of all that's happened I'm more hardened to the pain. It won't be easy but I'll be ready for the holidays.

Of course that could all be a dream that never happens.

And if I can't go back, what then? Well, I'll stay with the Muffinpants family for a couple of weeks and start the process of finding a new apartment. Maybe I'll go down to my brother's house for Xmas and New Year's if there's no place to move into. It's hard to say when nothing is clear. But it needs to be thought about because anything could happen and I better have a plan.

Meanwhile, there are things to do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Positive visualization...See yourself where you want to be...hold on to that vision. And remember, to include your new fuzzy friend in the picture. Um.....muffinpants??????

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I see the fog lifting. Look further and you will see the sun.

Austan said...

Lawless- I'm trying. I'm afraid to, frankly, after all the disappointments. But The Beest's new dishes came yesterday. She is a terror to the poor little pastel kitty. It'll be a welcome relief to all when she's in her new home.

As for Muffinpants and his family, it's a nickname that stuck... ;)

Austan said...

Arleen- Not long after you wrote that comment, the sun burned the fog off and it's beautiful today. You just never know.