Thursday, April 14, 2011

Come Back Mr. Cronkite, Your Nation Needs You!

I really wasn't going to blog anymore today. I have too much to do before Brian gets here and I don't know when he's getting here. But I can't take it anymore and I have to vent. This morning I stupidly put on CNN to see what was going on. Lo and behold, I had to double take because I thought I'd put friggin Faux News on by mistake. I don't put the news on to hear some half-educated gloss-faced semi-illiterates give their opinions. What the hell ever happened to journalists? Have they stopped teaching journalism? Are we forever forward going to hear some asswipe inflamatorily bloviating opinion and conjecture instead of telling the facts of what's going on? Is this because we have so many 24 hour news channels that they can't find enough to report and think they have to be "controversial" or sink to tabloid level to get viewers? Well, screw those guys. CNN was the last "news" channel I'd bother with at all, and now that they've sunk to new lows in stupidity I'm done. Oh for the days of Walter Cronkite! Where's the time machine?

No comments: