Thursday, April 14, 2011

They Say it's Your Birthday!

April is a big birthday month in my life. Over the years I've accumulated quite a few Aries and a couple of Taurians. The Princess, little C.J., Taylor, Pickett, Jimmy... I could make a list of my April birthday pals that goes on and on. Birthdays stick in my head except, curiously, for one. And that's the Birthday most important to me. For many years I've begun celebrating Strider's birthday starting with April 1st, sending a series of greetings for days. I finally got it right!!! Only took 16 years! (But I don't feel too badly, cuz Strider's had my birthday wrong all this time, too, and we never corrected each other, which cracks me up). Now that I do have it right, I've decided that the tradition is too much fun to change, so yes, Strider, you will always get weeks of birthday greetings from me. And when we get together we will celebrate both b'days to excess, and life will be good. Have a great birthday, faux daughter of mine. I love you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-28jAoTPFw

No comments: