Saturday, April 9, 2011

Heads Up to Anyone Calling Me

Because my dear neighbor is SO loud and her numerous visitors have to yell to be heard, there is no quiet anymore. I guess she was laying low the first few days. But now that the weather's better she's out on the porch half the day and yells to every person walking by, too. When she has people over they hang out across both sides so I have to keep my windows closed and the shade down or they're staring in at me from my own porch. Now I know why the peep here moved. It's already driving me nuts. I don't know how I'll ever write the book here. You can't concentrate. For now, I'm spending as much time as possible in headphones so I don't have to hear her gossip about me and everyone else in this subhamlet. So if you call me, remember 2 things. 1) There's only one phone hooked up. I haven't found a second jack. It takes a while for me to get to the phone so keep making noise or the machine will hang up. 2) While the sun shines, chances are I'm in headphones and I may not hear you at all. If you leave a message I'll call you back. That is all. Resume your duties. :)

No comments: