Thursday, April 21, 2011

Greg's Angel

Every few weeks I get this attack of Greg Lake mania. For several days I search for Gregness I haven't seen before. I just spent 2 hours of my life reading and looking at 37 pages of pix and commentary about him on a Beatles forum. My eyes are burned out, I've forgotten what I was going to do tonight and I'm fried. I think at this point I've seen almost every photo ever taken of him, know every outfit he wore and which concert in what year he wore it. I know his guitars and basses on sight. I'm running out of Gregness.

There is only one thing to do.

Greg designed and had made a pendant of an angel. It was beautiful. It was stolen. It's been missing for about 36 years. It must be out there somewhere. Someone knows where it is. And I'm going to vent my Greg mania by doing something useful- finding it. My life is very strange, and this is just the sort of thing that by some bizarro chance of fate I think I can do. And when I find it, I want to hand it to him personally.

So this is my Quixote quest. Perhaps it will calm the searching itch to have a different focus, perhaps not. But it's much more productive than spending hours staring at the screen and seeing all the things I've already seen so many times. Besides, I think it would be nice to pay back to him some of the happiness he's given me for so many, many years. There, I've thrown the gauntlet at myself in public. That's how these weirdo things that happen to me always start. Wish me luck.

No comments: