Saturday, September 3, 2011

But the Pizza was Good

Well, my belongings are spread around to 4 friends' houses, I'm here in the kitchen of the ashram on a borrowed computer, there are many stories to tell of today's keystone-koplike evacuation of the area, much humor and much pathos, sunburn and bug bites, tragedy and outrage. I am absolutely filthy, itching from head to toe, my brain's been thru a pasta maker and I wanna alter my senses and attitude 10 minutes ago.

With any luck at all, I will be set up and blogging like normal, answering emails and comments just like the good old days of a week ago. But that ain't tonight and probably won't be for a few more days.

Meanwhile, be grateful for your home and belongings, for those you love and all you have in life. I've just come from a place of utter devastation and loss. Joni's right- you don't know what you've got til it's gone.