Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Inexplicable Covers

In publishing there are inexplicable variables. A lot of that seems to happen in cover art. I once took all my sci fi and fantasy books out and looked at the cover art for inspiration to do a piece for an art show on futuristic fashion. After looking at them and putting them back, I had less ideas than I'd started out with, as if a creative vortex had opened and sucked out my brain and almost my will to live.

So it's with trepidation that I refer you to some of the most mind-boggling cover art ever produced for sci fi and fantasy books, on a website called, "Good Show, Sir":
 http://www.goodshowsir.co.uk/

Rory, get out that tin foil helmet. You'll need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well you certainly wouldn't get any good fashion ideas from those...yikes.

Austan said...

Lawless- Yikes is right!