Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Going Mobile...

As things have shaken out after my small and sudden freakout, I'm going to stay with Strider for the duration of my displacement.

I'm very psyched. Not only to be living with her for the first time in what- 15 years?- but to spend time with Ems the Wonderdog and her two new fuzzfaces, Clem and Hildie. And have a family Thanksgiving and get to cook dinners for my favorite daughter.

So it's just fixing the details now. Making a list, checking it twice, then doing all that needs doing. It's gonna be all right, anyway, as well as and in spite of, all these chutes and ladders. Cuz I have a daughter what kicks ass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxoO5yrabfc

5 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

Oh, that's fantastic news, Laura! I'm so happy for you. I was catching up on your news and thinking oh no!!! but then... phewf!!! *sigh of relief*

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

I LOVE happy endings, and this totally sounds like a happy ending. Good for you! (Good for your daughter, too!)

Austan said...

Yeah, we're both pretty psyched. I'm almost as excited to spend time with her doggie as I am to be with her. ;)
I'll be blogging up a storm! And Carrie, what's with the burnt cheese sandwich? haha
Susan- thanks for your good wishes always. I fell in amongst some great writers and people here.

CarrieBoo said...

Hahhaha! That's burnt toast I'll have you know. I don't know why, but it is speaking to me at the moment. Metaphorically I mean... my toast isn't actually talking to me. *giggle*

Austan said...

If your toast spoke, I'd listen! ;)