Friday, September 23, 2011

Bye Bye Bratt!

Before I take the puter apart I wanted to say a quick Thank You to everyone who's helped me thru this unexpected upheaval. To Paul G, Laura W, and all the United Way volunteers who packed me up in record time; to the whole Crompton Clan, 3 generations of big hearts whom I love; to the BHA and all their remarkable fortitude- despite the insanity they've kept it together; and to every member of Aunt Nancy's Ashram; most sincerely, Thank You. You've made what could've been a nightmare a kind of 'shroomy trip.

And while I get to skip off Down East and let others do the dirty work, there are some here still having to live in and deal with the aftereffects of Irene themselves. My prayers go out to them, who are getting little help, and to people like Barb L who are championing them. You go, Sabs!

Liftoff time is T-3 hours. I don't have much left to do, really. Think I'll go have a smoke on the porch and stare at the view, however foggy it is this morning...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safe trip, handy landings. Try to avoid that flaming piece of space junk that is aimed at us today.

Austan said...

Thanks, Delores! Watch out for falling debris!

CarrieBoo said...

I'll be thinking of ya. Hope you get there without any hiccups. xx

Lisa said...

I thought you quit smoking! :(

Austan said...

Carrie- Had a great trip thanks! You should see this place!

Lisa- I did, and I started again! ;)