Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Whoa, Nellie, Again...

So the housing peep emailed saying that 15 people who'd moved back in have to leave due to "moisture". It seems the optimism was unwarranted, as now they're saying they're sticking to the 2-4 month range before we can go back. Which changes everything, again.

Now I'm thinking that I should get temp housing at a motel, as I'm putting everyone out of place here; this is an already crowded house with a large extended family and isn't conducive to anyone with disabilities. My walker is always in the way, for one, and now that I'll be getting the FEMA grant for relocation, perhaps I should use it to do exactly what it's for- temporarily relocate. If our hobbit houses won't be ready for another 2-3 months it behooves me to find somewhere that I'm not inconveniencing others, like a motel.

Another day, another set of situations. Whoopdedoo.

2 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

If you get a motel room, make sure it is on high ground. With the way the weather has been this year, it is better to be safe than sorry,

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Sorry for the glitch in your plans, but you don't want to risk moving back into that place too soon. If it's still damp, that means mildew and mold. No fun. No fun at all.