Friday, September 2, 2011

Not So Fast, My Pretty

News came about an hour ago that I won't be moving back to my apartment for 2-4 months. This is a combo decision between the Health and Safety peep and the insurance co. I'm incredibly lucky to be welcome here at the Ashram until my apartment's done. However this causes a red alert in that I have to get back to the old place tomorrow and pack up and sort out what I want and what would break in rough pod storage and get it outta there between 10 a and 4 p tomorrow. Just fucking ducky because it's Labor Day Weekend and lots of my pals including 2 housemates here are already gone for the weekend. I'm scrambling to get volunteers to help me move back out of where I'd just settled in. Many decisions to make in less than 24 hours' notice. Lists, places for these things, people to help, all at last minute alarm notice.

But as always, I'm not gonna freak. Thor has saved my ass everytime and I've no doubt he will again. But damn Sam, just as I was getting comfortable. Guess I'm glad I didn't get all unpacked.

ok. Gotta start sorting out and making lists. A new adventure for the second time in 4 months! Whoopee! Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Oh, I am so sorry. What a lot of crap to deal with.

Anonymous said...

Well! Good luck to you! I can't imagine having to move in such a short time. It is already stressful. I hope things go well. I found out about your blog from Klahanie as you are a recipient for an award. Me too. Aren't we lucky? www.1soundingoff.blogspot.com

annieoatcake said...

Holy Moly! I can't keep up! You are in an Ashram? 2-4 months? Needing help to move?

Wish I could be of some help... trust there to be an ocean between us!

Glad your optimism is still shining through, take care,

Annie

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Bless your heart. Good thing you're such an adventurous sort.

klahanie said...

Hi Laura,
What makes you so endearing is your resilience, your wit and maintaining such an air of positivity.
All the very best. Much respect to you during these trying times.
In kindness, Gary :)

COUNT SNEAKY said...

You have made vivid to me what I have not experienced and probably will not experience at my advanced age. From your experiences we could (and should) all learn. Will we? I don't think so, but it is certain life is more than determining our own fate, or molding our lives to our goals and desires. Life is lived in the halls of uncertainty and the bizarre and unexpected. I found your blog through my fellow blogger Klahanie. He was right about your blog. My best