Sunday, September 11, 2011

How I'm Spending My Sunday

It's 11:28 a.m. now, and for the last full hour I've been on hold, disconnected, called back, reconnected to 2 other people, and back on hold with FEMA. It seems that someone goofed on my initial registration, and not only was I declassified as not in a disaster area, but nobody but The Almighty can even open a workpacket for me so things can be processed because nobody can figure out why this happened to correct what went wrong and until that's straightened out I'm not even in the system. Mind you, I filed a week ago. Had I waited another day it would've been an even shittier shitstorm than it is.

So now, at 11:45, I have finally found a supervisor on the line who has straightened out the mess. An inspector will be assigned to come see the place, get the evidence and make a determination. I'm ready for Happy Hour, I tell ya. It's 5 p.m. somewhere.

5 comments:

sdt (a.k.a. stevil) said...

I'll drink to that!
And one for Mahler.

Austan said...

And 2 for Alma.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am sure you will have to make more calls as dealing with bureaucracy is never easy.

annieoatcake said...

Hope things get sorted soon!

CarrieBoo said...

I'm still drinking for you...