Monday, September 12, 2011

I'm the Richest Chick in Town

Wow. Just wow. Not only am I blessed to be staying in a funny home full of love during this strange turn of events, but things are floating into place.

A FEMA guy named Chuck called; a nice, friendly guy who's already seen the place a dozen times and will just come by here tomorrow to do the paperwork. So there, nasty FEMA woman on the phone!

And my old pal Princess Wendy has extended an offer of financial help now as well as a consulting job when she opens her new cheeeeese shoppe here next spring. Thanks, Princess. I'm hoping the FEMA funds will cover the little I've lost, but if not, it's incredibly comforting to know I've got back up.

So as I enjoy my homemade fruity muffin served by an adorable 4 year old who's very excited to have helped (and looks a lot like Zuzu from It's a Wonderful Life), all's well in little old Austanspace. I hope all's well in your space, too.

6 comments:

The Writer said...

Hooray! I'm happy things are looking up for you.
And your culinary skills shouldn't be kept in just one home (yours). Even if you can no longer stand on The Line 12+ hours a day, that doesn't mean the world should be deprived of your wonderful food.
Corned beef, anyone? ;-)

klahanie said...

I'm heartened and inspired by your ongoing positivity. Great stuff!
Suddenly I've got an urge to have a muffin! :)
All's well with me knowing all's well with you.
In peace and respect, Gary

MoonRaven said...

Congratulations--I'm sorry things have been so rough for you, but I'm glad there seems to be a happy ending.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Really glad to hear things are looking up for you. (Can't keep a good gal down!)

Allyson said...

i'd just like to say that i love the way all of you love her. and bythejesus, someday, you all must be in her presence, if only to hear her amazing laugh.

Austan said...

I could just about explode with the love bomb going off here. :D