Monday, September 26, 2011

Faster than the Speed of Light?

Physicists have observed what they believe to be neutrinos traveling faster than the speed of light. This is causing an uproar in the physicist community, as it defies Einstein's Law of Relativity. If true, this changes many things and opens possibilities thought impossible until now:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2011/sep/23/physicists-speed-light-violated

I love it when things move forward. We have so much backwardsness these days. Who knows, we may see time travel in our lifetimes. Then that woman with what looks like a cell phone in that Chaplin film will make perfect sense. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiIrpEMbQ2M

8 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

This better be true after all or I'll look like a right divvy, but "I knew it!" Ace! :D

Anonymous said...

I read about that. So cool. I SO want to time travel.

Austan said...

Carrie- hahahah!

Lawless- 1973, here I come, soon as I can!

annieoatcake said...

This has been fascinating me for days now... caught up in a debate about cause and effect, philosophy, maya/illusion, determinism, consciousness... my noggin is about to EXPLODE!!!

Austan said...

Oh god Annie, that's too much for one brain to hold over a weekend! Wrap your head tightly!

Rory Grant said...

If we could time travel - I'd like to go back to bed.

5am and I'm awake :(

Rory

Austan said...

Careful, Crawley, you're showing your age! ;)

Laura

paulg said...

Yes, the speed of light is no longer the benchmark (apparently)... and in other news, I just heard that all botany textbooks will hafta be rewritten.
They've all been saying forever that nitrogen only gets into the soil from the air and now that's not true either - it also leachs out of rock.