Friday, September 16, 2011

Progging On

The VNA schedulers in their infinite wisdom, filed me as "Out of Town" a week early, leaving me with no aide to be my legs and run around doing the things I need done before leaving. Oh joy! After throwing a Class A shitfit at them, I left a message on my RN's voicemail; perhaps I'll get someone before I leave, perhaps not. Just another tasty treat to make my life so special.

Fortunately, Nancy was here and kept a cool head as I raged at the stupidity. Because of her even Buddhist nature, I filed a temporary change of address with the good ol' USPS online and dealt with Comcast close to sanely. Had I been alone in the house, I'm pretty sure I'd still be calling, cursing, yelling at people and getting nowhere. Instead, I got a sweetheart at Comcast named Sandy (in Nashua, NH) who bent over backwards in doing everything possible to help me. She is a credit to Comcast, and the human race in general. Thank you, Sandy (hey Comcast, are you reading this? I hope so- give her a raise!).

Things will get done. Not as I like, the way I'd planned, nor in my schedule of when and how, but they will get done. Breathe deeply...

4 comments:

CarrieBoo said...

I need a Buddhist to come and live with me.

As for Sarah Palin = *snort*

I heard about the whole Tea Party thing, cheering about letting people die. I never realized how true all those Homer Simpson episodes actually were!

Austan said...

We all need a Buddhist around. Their calm 'tude kinda shames you into behaving yourself.

Yep, The Simpsons are much truer to life in these United States than anyone would like to admit.

Rory Grant said...

Nearest I've had to a Buddhist round here was a Buddy. Maybe that's where the word 'Buddy' originates from?

I hope things settle down for you Laura - it all sounds so stressful and traumatic. I'd have had a breakdown by now...

Austan said...

Buddha-Buddy, I think he'd like that! ;) Everyone keeps saying, "Why aren't you having a breakdown by now?" I dunno. Guess I'm not the breakdown type. I've been thru way worse. It all passes anyway, and then you look back and say, "What was I so freaked out about?" Besides, despair is a Mortal Sin. :) Doesn't keep me from getting all pissed off, though. That I do, regularly.