Wednesday, October 5, 2011

13,000 Pageviews!

At some point in the middle of the night, this little blog reached 13,000 pageviews. I'm awed and humbled. What a great thing to wake up to!

Just before the flood I was poised to mark the 10,000 point, but then the upheaval and keeping up with all the scramble occluded that. 11 came and went, then 12, and now here we are at 13. It's a good number to mark, being so close to Halloween. ;)

Thank you for reading my rants and whines, my thoughts and causes, and for returning to this blog when you can. It means more to me than I can say, that you'd take time from your busy lives to read what I may post.

The best to you all, for bringing me such joy and challenge.
Laura

9 comments:

paulg said...

Congratulations!

I have been taking advantage of the little tab at the top of your homepage that says "next blog".
Lovely little window on what a certain slice of the world cares to post about themselves.

Lots and lots of family photos; lonely young women (Swedish, Norwegian, American, etc.); wedding photographers; photographers and artists; musicians; religious folk.

- there is not one blog that compares to yours, Laura.
I have yet to see a single one "out there" like what you do.

I know Rory and some of your other friends do good and interesting things, but they are rare and so are you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 13,000 hits... Of course we read your posts, they are original, interesting and thought provoking.

Austan said...

Paul- Thank you! I think I've been spoiled, reading the blogs I do; the blogfolk I know all rock. ;)

Lawless- I seem to have stepped into a great circle of bloggers, you being one. Thanks, gal. Let's blog on...

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

That is quite an impressive number! Congratulations.

You put yourself out there and I think, are quite brave. You are an individual, Laura, who speaks her mind, and also, at times, shows a kind, sweet vulnerability. I admire all these attributes very much.

Austan said...

Arleen- That may be the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. Thank you.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Woo HOO! Congratulations. That's quite a milestone. It's nice not to feel like a "lone voice crying in the wilderness", and to know someone is actually listening... er, reading ... isn't it? Good for you.

Austan said...

Susan- it is! And kinda weird, too! :D Thanks!!

annieoatcake said...

Hey, SEE!!! I just read this after my last comment!!! We should all get together and start our own community ;-)

Austan said...

Annie- I think we're in the midst of changing the one we're in!