Monday, October 24, 2011

One Foot in Front of the Other

It's a flurry of activity this morning. The local activists are getting it together to go to the DRB meeting on the 7th in behalf of the tenants of The Shire. The Occupiers on the Commons are taking up our cause. People who've been through this already and know what they're doing are advising. It's 10 a.m. and I just now got here, after answering 13 emails. It's all encouraging. People are getting involved- which is what we need to have happen. If we tenants, strewn around the country, had to do it alone we'd be lost.

I've emailed Bernie's office and sent them everything I know. Someone big has to step in and straighten everyone out. This is nonsense and petty-ass small town politics now. The goal should be getting the job done, not making it harder to do.

There just isn't enough time in a day to do all that needs doing, but we can get ahead if we just keep going. It ain't my first time at the rodeo.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey....I'm at Williams using their wifi on my pathetic little notebook....I am so glad so many people are on board and ready to help....this is freakin' ridiculous.

Austan said...

Lawless- it really is ridiculous! What makes it bearable is that people will stand up and bitch in my town. It's rather like "It's a Wonderful Life" in that respect. And it makes going through the lousiness not so lousy. In fact, it's heartwarming. We'll get on with it and this will be a memory soon enough. Bernie's office emailed me this a.m.; they're onto it.

CarrieBoo said...

I've never seen such a big community working together, like you have, Laura. It is heartwarming, despite all the idjits.

"A Mushroom Rebellion"... hahahahaa!

Austan said...

Carrie- One of the best things in life is that when you get behind others, when you do the right thing, they'll be there when you have trouble too. That's what I've learned in small town life, and what I hope spreads like wildfire to the world some day. We all do better when we all do better.

CarrieBoo said...

We're all in this together.