Monday, October 10, 2011

The P Word

There are days when my body rebels, for whatever reason, and this is one of them. I try to think of them as when the union goes on strike and refuses to do what I ask until repairs are made. It has its reasons and its rights.

However, sleep comes in an hour here, an hour there and when the pain is like this there is little else I can think about so I won't bore you with that. Fortunately I can still read and at least check out of the building while it does whatever repairs it nneeds to do.

I'm reading American Gods. I highly recommend it. It may be my new favorite book of all time, and not just because it's taking me out of myself. Quite a lot of food for thought in a fast, dense story. Neil Gaiman wrote it. I'd only ever read his book about a boy raised in a cemetery before; I'll read all his books now.

It's a beautiful day otherwise. Strider's outside painting her house. I just scared her by standing silently in the bathroom window looking at her. Gotta get your jollies, you know...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are having a less than perfect day...when these old crates start to give us what for the best thing to do is ignore them. Good thoughts headed your way for a better day tomorrow.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Pain may serve a purpose, but it still sucks. I'm sorry.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I am such a baby about pain and I feel for you. My doctors always give me some happy pills and that usually do the trick.

Happy that a good book can take you away from your pain.

CarrieBoo said...

Well, any book recommended by you is on my A-list. All-time favourite... WOW. Even when you're in pain you're up to tricks. You take the pie, Laura.

Austan said...

Good morning ! It's better today. Thank you all for being such good people, you rock! Now on to posting...