Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Prepping for Take Off

Strider has taken the next 2 days off, firstly because we all thought I'd be going home after the news we were supposed to get Friday. But who knows, maybe this will turn out anyway and I'll be going back today or tomorrow...

Meanwhile, I'm making a shopping list for my aide. All but my teas and herbs and an unopened Fluff were thrown out and redistributed after the flood so everything has to be replaced. Everything. Even the Marmite. I have no problems getting all new stuff. But my poor aide has had to go through one move and shopping already this year. I feel bad making her go through it all twice inside of 6 months.

And of course nothing is organized for moving back in. Except I have a couple of friends back in Bratt who are on standby waiting to help (Paul, Plague and Joe) and I'm sure more will be, given enough notice. At least it won't be an out-of-one-place-and-into-another deal. The pod will be there, practically at the end of the walkway, and the fragiles and assorted things here, at Joe's, at Plague's and at Aunt Nancy's Ashram will need to be brought back to Hobbiton.

I make lists. It gives me a semblance of being on top of things. And then when real time comes, little of it matters. Things have a way of working out, whatever our plans may be. Not the way we expect, sometimes better, sometimes worse. But they work out.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

And that's the attitude you need in this situation...don't you just hate it when you lose control?

Austan said...

Lawless- I have to keep remembering that control and safety are both illusions. :)

CarrieBoo said...

They really are, Laura. Illusions, I mean. Those two weeks went really fast in Tillbilly land. I love lists. :) Loads of luck for the big move. What is "fluff" btw?

Austan said...

Carrie- Tillbilly land! LOL! Fluff is a marshmallow whipped product. Spread on bread with peanut butter for a "Fluffernutter"...
http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/pages/homepage.html
One of unhealthiest things ever made.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Yes, things always work out in someway; maybe not the planned way, but in some way. We always adjust, whether we want to or not.

Hope your lists will make this move-back easier. We are all rooting for you.

Austan said...

Thanks Arleen. I love my rooters! You guys keep me somewhat sane.

CarrieBoo said...

If it's the bad, it must be good. Look, and it's made by little elves!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Hmmm, I was thinking maybe you were gonna mix the Fluff with the Marmite.

Hey! My verification word is a REAL word! That never happens. The word? "Pressing." I wonder what great cosmic meaning is to be found in that.

Take care of yourself.

Austan said...

Susan- That may be a new taste sensation! I'm gonna try it! hmm.. "pressing"... could mean so many things...
Oh, I am. No worries.
Yanno, we should have a big get-together next summer! All of us who follow each others' blogs.