Monday, October 24, 2011

Break on Through

Bernie's office is now involved. Someone who knows the system has also weighed in and that's been forwarded to the Powers That Be. We should be hearing the sounds of backpedaling soon.

This could all have been avoided if anyone cared enough to find out the friggin process. But if that had happened I wouldn't have come to Maine, gotten to spend all this time with Strider and her furfaces and I may not have ever valued and come to love The Shire so much. So I guess it's a mixed bag. A lot of life comes in such wrappings. May I never take my home for granted again and always remember this experience.

And I'm always humbled and made so happy by my community and those who care about me. When the fan gets splattered there are always a bunch of steadfast people willing to yell, "Hey! That's wrong! Cut it out!" Usually I'm one of the yellers. It's good to be one of those being defended, too. Strange, but good.

Come hell or high water I'm going home November 12th. If I'm back in The Shire I'll take up the fight for the rest of the buildings. This may be a long campaign. That's okay. I got all the time it takes. And a patient smile can really piss people off. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's nice to hear you sounding so optimistic. All fingers and toes crossed that we can "end the insanity".

Austan said...

Lawless- I have faith that the right thing will be done because so many people know about it all now. It really has been insanity!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Life takes us down many different roads. Sometimes, we may find that maybe we wouldn't have chosen the path we are on, but also must think what we would have missed if we did not have this experience. We must take advantage of this adventure called living and make the most out of it. You seem to be doing that.

Austan said...

Thanks Arleen. I get by with a little help from my friends.

CarrieBoo said...

How I would love to see you patiently smiling at them! It is nice to know that push-come-to-shove, things work both ways. You can't help but think of karma. I salute you, Laura.